Mike Beversluis

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Tomato-Watermelon appetizer

  • 20-30 cherry/grape tomatoes
  • 20-30 1 cm (1/2 inch) seeded/seedless watermelon cubes
  • 20-30 mint leafs, rinsed and plucked from their stems
  • 1/2 c vinaigrette
  • 1-2 tblspn chopped cilantro
Mix the cilantro in with the vinaigrette. Take a toothpick, and spear a tomato and a leaf of mint on top of a watermelon cube. Dip in the cilantro vinaigrette, and set aside to drain. Repeat until you run out of something, hopefully everything at once. Arrange on a serving dish/platter, and prepare to defend your sexuality, or not. Note, I used raspberrry vinaigrette with reasonable success.

I first ran into this recipe at a tapas restaurant in DC, but instead of the cherry tomatoes, they used the heart of the tomato. Your milage may vary.

Correction - I originally wrote basil instead of mint. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home