Mike Beversluis

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

picture the next

Freehand photoshop from back in the day, way back when 24-bit color and smudge tools were bleeding edge. Dinosaurs and pilgrims walked the earth back then.

Also, just a random note, and I'm wavering on whether to mention this because of my no-listing-of-music-I-like hunger strike, but PJ Harvey had just come out with To Bring You My Love, whose krunky sound came courtesy Flood's lofi production, and I made this while thinking of making a video for Meet Ze Monster, wherein an animated tanker ship would sail into a storm and get tossed about. I never got further than this.

So, 1: I think of Meet Ze Monster whenever I run across this in a folder I like to call My Dumbness, and 2: I have no idea why I painted a giant flame shooting up into a night sky as part of these plans. Look, if you have ever read this blog before, or maybe met me for more than 10 seconds, you know that my thought process can be nonlinear, and here's an example made bmp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home