Oil refineries
It sounds like we're gonna build some new refineries. Given that it was a close vote and pretty much split along the party line, I'm curious who didn't vote.
Anyway, here's a little background on oil refineries. Note the first, although there haven't been any new refineries built in the since the sixties or so, the existing refinery capacity has still been expanded. This runs contrary to the meme that the first fact alone would suggest. Still, it would be nice not to have refineries in places subject to hurricains, earthquakes, and large fires. Second bit of info - the requirement that gasoline blends be nationally standardized makes sense when we're operating close to maximum capacity.
So, you're thinking NJ too, right? I mean, is there a downside? In any case, I'm curious how long it takes from breaking ground till that sweet sweet gas propels my rear end at superlegal speeds?
Anyway, here's a little background on oil refineries. Note the first, although there haven't been any new refineries built in the since the sixties or so, the existing refinery capacity has still been expanded. This runs contrary to the meme that the first fact alone would suggest. Still, it would be nice not to have refineries in places subject to hurricains, earthquakes, and large fires. Second bit of info - the requirement that gasoline blends be nationally standardized makes sense when we're operating close to maximum capacity.
So, you're thinking NJ too, right? I mean, is there a downside? In any case, I'm curious how long it takes from breaking ground till that sweet sweet gas propels my rear end at superlegal speeds?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home