Mike Beversluis

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Blurry on purpose

Mark Twain once wrote (I think) about how his ability to appreciate the beauty of a river had been ruined by his years of river boat piloting. When he looked at a river, his trained eye immediately anazlyzed the currents and located sunken logs and shallows. He couldn't turn off this analysis and just see the river. So, for what it's worth - it occurs to me that the TV (20") is flickering at 60 Hz (field rate) and was located around 7 feet away from the camera. The angular velocity of the camera is...

2 Comments:

  • around 0.5 Hz, I think

    :-)

    By Blogger JTS, at 10 January, 2006 18:35  

  • "Two Ways of Seeing a River". I first came upon it in high-school English (as a second language.) I'd never used the dictionary so often for a single page of text...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10 January, 2006 22:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home