Mike Beversluis

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Knife storage (besides my back)

So my new apartment is an apartment, and hence has three drawers in the kitchen. Not a lot of space, and they are crap at that. At first, I was hmm... or possibly that... But $120? Diy? Or, just run down and pick up the $26 knock-off:Here's the deal - it's a wood box filled with plastic noodles. You shove a knife in, and it stays in place. The insert is removable and can be tossed in a dishwasher. Why it would get dirty, I'm not quite sure. Anyway, highly recomended.

2 Comments:

  • I would think that the classic restaurant-style magnetic strip would be the optimal knife storage since there is no chance of wear on the cutting edge, and there are no skewers to go flying around the kitchen as would seem to be the case if one of these were toppled?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20 March, 2006 13:04  

  • I think you think too much. You can find these at Bed Bath & Beyond (Peter Griffin: "Oh, so this is the Beyond"). It works pretty well.

    By Blogger Mike Beversluis, at 20 March, 2006 14:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home