It was 51 degrees this morning
Nothing Gold Can Stay
by Robert Frost
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold,
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
That may be, but as I drove to work this morning I was thinking, heated seats are awesome.
by Robert Frost
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold,
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
That may be, but as I drove to work this morning I was thinking, heated seats are awesome.

2 Comments:
I really have to read some more american poetry! In italian high school the only two that appear are Walt Whitman and Edgar Lee Masters. I have quickly read through the Wikipedia article about Robert Frost and he looks extremely interesting (and, also, given his complexity, to read with a fresh mind).
By
JTS, at 22 September, 2006 21:49
Yeah, he was good. I always thought of him, kinda, as the Hemmingway of poetry. That opinion is pretty uniformed, so take it with a pinch of salt.
You might check out Wallace Stevens, too.
By
Mike Beversluis, at 24 September, 2006 15:50
Post a Comment
<< Home