Mike Beversluis

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fake cover, real cover

It came to my mind that using YouTube I could have done a small series of posts on covers of famous american songs made by italian singers. Some time ago (~ 20 years) an artist called Adriano Celentano made an LP (at that time there were not yet CDs) of covers. I discovered today that the only one song in that LP I can find on YouTube is the only one of them which is probably not a cover. I could not resist the temptation to post the link anyway, because A. C. is able to mix a good singing performance with a good amount of kitsch-iness. At the beginning there is a dancer that comments on her appearance in the show ... and the whole thing won't be necessarily liked by all.

Not a cover?

In order to give legitimacy to this attempt, here you are a real cover: the italian title is "Preghero'" ("I shall pray") and it is a cover of "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King, as I found out secondhandsongs.com. The singer is still Adriano Celentano, 30 years younger





And I found one more ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home