Mike Beversluis

Thursday, November 09, 2006

I Am Like A One-Man A-Team

Aligning the segmented mirror of the Magic Gamma Ray telescope. Gamma rays are extremely energetic photons, and slough their way through the atmosphere like a speeding taxi through a giant puddle of slush when your standing on a curb in winter. By way of analogy, since astronomers can't see the taxi, they go around asking pedestrians if they got splashed recently.


I am pretty sure I have seen an installation of Fred Eerdeken's shadow art before; either way, I like it. Previously, A4 Papercut.


Frito-Lay Angrily Introduces Line of Healthy Snacks.

From the Department of I Am Easily Amused, Which I think Is My Best Feature: New Jersey cracks me up, e.g., The Timberline Lavish Estate. At first, I just thought that, based on their driving, the Garden State was the worst place in the world (Massachusetts?), but then I saw the humor in the, you know, totality of the situation. NJ, don't ever change.

Finally, courtesy of Quote of the Day, I bring you the portable Mignon McLauglin:


"No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why."

"I'm glad I don't have to explain to a man from Mars why each day I set fire to dozens of little pieces of paper, and then put them in my mouth."

"It's innocence when it charms us, ignorance when it doesn't."

Mignon McLaughlin


Now, please excuse me while I get back to work.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home