Mike Beversluis

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ice Planet Hoth

There is no upside to ice. Unless it's in a drink. But you don't get ice for a drink from the snow on the ground unless you are homeless. In which case, you will probably agree that ice is not good.

Anyway, my car was coated in a quarter inch of ice, freezing the door shut. So I started to chip my way in. Of course, I did the little key-fob unlocking thing, which flashes the running lights and unlocks the door. But here's the deal-breaker: 30 seconds after you do that, my car locks itself again. I guess this is in case you didn't really mean it, or you often press that button and then forget to get into your car and just walk away, or you frequently hit unlock when you mean to lock it, etc. All of which suggest that the designers think you are a moron. So, it took me about two minutes to figure out that I was trying to pull open a locked door.

Doh! Maybe the designers have a point.

Once in, I let the car warm before I drove off - during which I had plenty of time to contemplate the various options of my car: Such as, it can display the outside temperature in Kelvin. Which leads to observations like, "273 degrees... Brrrrr!" It's not an original point, but man, the Japanese are different.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like your car had a bad motivator. Maybe you should try riding a taun taun to work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15 February, 2007 00:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home