A Couple of Questions
Should I change the name of this blog to something, say, less eponymous and close the kimono a bit? I suspect no one cares and it doesn't matter either way, but feel free to venture suggestions at my expense. Laura said ixnay to "A Thousand Monkeys Typing," so try again.
Incidentally, I've always used my name online (pretty much), in part because the internet would be a better place without anonymity. Why do people think it's normal to use IcePirate1983 on ebay (totally random name which without doubt is being used)?
Incidentally, I've always used my name online (pretty much), in part because the internet would be a better place without anonymity. Why do people think it's normal to use IcePirate1983 on ebay (totally random name which without doubt is being used)?

13 Comments:
Well, what about "reflections of a young scientist" :-)
Giovanni
By
JTS, at 20 August, 2007 20:56
Or possisbly "reflections of a young scientist's mindless prating rot with addional nonsense poppycock contributed by local italian"
Actually, I think I've provided foder enough for TWO blog names.
And no need to worry if it doesn't work for you, I am full of ideas and lots of smug hoity-toity... so just let me know if you need more suggestions.
By
Anonymous, at 20 August, 2007 21:44
Harsh!
By
Mike Beversluis, at 20 August, 2007 22:36
People don't typically use their real names because it's easy for identity-theft crooks to sift the 'net, looking for info.
I don't much worry about it, but it's not an irrational fear.
As for the blog name, if you're interested in increased traffic, a catchy blog name is better than an eponymous name, because the latter doesn't provide a "hook".
How about "The rambling aftereffects of an ice-pick to the brain" ?
By
Oroborous, at 21 August, 2007 09:51
Or "Exploring the..." or "Chronicling the..."
By
Oroborous, at 21 August, 2007 10:17
Well, there's that, but you also meet people from the inside out on the internet. It's weird.
Also, all of these "suggestions" are unwieldy. 2 words or less.
By
Mike Beversluis, at 21 August, 2007 13:13
Ah, yeah, that was kind of harsh. How about "sensitive ponderings"?
By
Anonymous, at 21 August, 2007 18:14
Guns and Monkeys.
Doesn't have anything to do with the content posted here, but it sounds cool.
By
Ali, at 22 August, 2007 13:13
Well, G'n'M doesn't not have anything to do with the posting here either... Hmm, as long as I don't have to get cornrows like Axel Rose.
"Sensitive Ponderings?" Does that name come with a, cough, estrogen pill?
By
Mike Beversluis, at 22 August, 2007 17:13
2 words or less.
Ice Brain blog.
By
Oroborous, at 22 August, 2007 20:34
?
Like, ice wine? Ice pick (-> lobotomy)? Vanilla Ice?
Hmm. I checked to see if The Drones Club was used, and it kinda is. Had it been open, that would have been an automatic flip.
By
Mike Beversluis, at 22 August, 2007 23:05
How about: "Bile versus Male Chi"?
By
Anonymous, at 23 August, 2007 15:29
This has gone totally sideways.
By
Mike Beversluis, at 23 August, 2007 18:43
Post a Comment
<< Home