What else
This one was written by Lucio Battisti, who had a success a singer as well despite not having great singing talents; in fact he had a success as a singer only because he sang his own songs, that he knew how to write.
When translating I met again with the fact that I cannot make total sense of the lyrics (my fault perhaps); what does it mean exactly "two people that do not hope but keep looking for each other" in this context where everything else gives the impression that the two people in fact know each other? (there is a bit of complication, the italian expression "si stan cercando" in this context in my opinion really implies that you don't know where the other person is). But it could be that the singer is thinking about someone she has lost; and in any case let us give a little bit of poetic credit.
E penso a te
And I think of you
| Io lavoro e penso a te | I work, and think of you | |
| Torno a casa e penso a te | Go back home, and think of you | |
| Io telefono e intanto | I'm on the phone and in the meantime | |
| penso a te | I think of you. | |
| Come stai, e penso a te | How are you, and I think of you | |
| Dove andiamo, e penso a te | Where shall we go, and I think of you | |
| Gli sorrido, abbasso gli occhi | I smile to him, lower my eyes, | |
| e penso a te | and I think of you | |
| Non so con chi adesso sei | I don't know with whom you are right now | |
| Non so che cosa fai | I don't know what you are doing | |
| ma so di certo a cosa | but I know with certainty | |
| stai pensando | what you are thinking about | |
| e' troppo grande la citta' | the city is way too big | |
| per due che come noi | for two people like us | |
| non sperano pero' | do not hope but | |
| si stan cercando ... cercando | they keep looking for each other... looking for each other. | |
| Scusa e' tardi, e penso a te | I am sorry, it's getting late, and I think of you | |
| ti accompagno, e penso a te | I'll walk you, and I think of you | |
| non son stata divertente e | I wasn't fun tonight, and | |
| penso a te | think of you | |
| sono al buio, e penso a te | I am in the dark, and think of you | |
| chiudo gli occhi, e penso a te | I close my eyes, and think of you | |
| io non dormo e...penso a te | I can't sleep and ... think of you. | |
| Non so con chi adesso sei | I don't know with whom you are right now | |
| Non so che cosa fai | I don't know what you are doing | |
| ma so di certo a cosa | but I know with certainty | |
| stai pensando | what you are thinking about | |
| e' troppo grande la citta' | the city is way too big | |
| per due che come noi | for two people like us | |
| non sperano pero' | do not hope but | |
| si stan cercando ... cercando | they keep looking for each other... looking for each other. | |
| Scusa e' tardi, e penso a te | I am sorry, it's getting late, and I think of you | |
| ti accompagno, e penso a te | I'll walk you, and I think of you | |
| non son stata divertente e | I wasn't fun tonight, and | |
| penso a te | think of you | |
| sono al buio, e penso a te | I am in the dark, and think of you | |
| chiudo gli occhi, e penso a te | I close my eyes, and think of you | |
| io non dormo e...penso a te | I can't sleep and ... think of you. |

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home