Mike Beversluis

Saturday, May 30, 2009

House Design


I'm not sure that modern is my thing - it comes off awfully anti-septic and sterile most of the time, but that's a hell of a aquarium tank view. On sale for $4.95M.

Continuing off on the tangent, if I picture the ideal house in my mind's eye, wavy little lines appear and there is a juxtaposition of all of the homes you've see in family holiday movies. The set designers are aiming for a very strong Norman Rockwell vibe without being too Grandma's house or gothic about it, and so they do a very good job of balancing home and design. I think a key part is that there needs to be detail and texture on all scales. Modern design creates tension on purpose by shaving off most of the mid-scale detail and whatnot. So it might be striking to see, but I'm not sure I'd want to live there.

And it goes without saying that the Ferris Bueller house is up for sale too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home