Mike Beversluis

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Smart or dumb

A presumed quote from S. Freud
"What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult.”

A quote from Bruce Schneier, whose website Mike recently linked to

"... This struck me as I listened to yet another conference presenter complaining about security awareness training. He was talking about the difficulty of getting employees at his company to actually follow his security policies: encrypting data on memory sticks, not sharing passwords, not logging in from untrusted wireless networks. "We have to make people understand the risks," he said.

It seems to me that his co-workers understand the risks better than he does." (link).

Suggesting that people are actually smart.

Both at the same time ring true to me, and yet they contradict each other; and I am bothered by this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home