60% off of If You Have to Ask, You Cannot Afford it does not make sense
I need a rug for my appartment, one that is at least 5'5" tall, I mean, long, and so I was thrilled to see that there was a 60% off sale at a department store over in their rug section. After looking around, I spotted one I liked, and found that it was actually real persian,, and hand knotted to boot. I'm not sure 8-year old Ahmed really enjoyed working 12 hours a day for two weeks, his eyesite slowly deterioriating from the strain while his nimble fingers run with blurred speed through the warp and weeve of a 12th century loom to make it, but that said, he did a pretty good job.
It was about 5 by 7 feet, and though a little small, I liked the pattern. Actually, I really liked the pattern, and I discretely checked the tag: $13.658.00. I liked the pattern, not, married-liked the pattern. And this was about midpack for the rugs this size. They had ballroom sized rugs of the same origin hanging elsewhere.
In retrospect it's obvious that Persian hand knotted rugs have a certain cache, but I was off by about an order of magnitude.
Second, it may have not been subject to the sale, or that may have been the sale price - really, it doesn't matter. That is alot to spend for a rug - there are men wearing considerably cheaper pieces around on their bald pates.
Third, if you can afford such a rug, why would it be on sale? Shit, at that income bracket you are burning money during the summer in your giant, 30 foot wide fireplace from Al Pachino's office in the Devil's Advocate, you know, just to make sure your air-conditioner has something to do.
Fourth, why would someone like that go shopping for such rugs at the mall?
Just to be clear, we're all talking about Donald Trump, right?
In any case, this sort of purchase - like excutive class call girls, and I mean, really, really classy call girls - involves a certain exotic aspect which means that much of the satisfaction comes from the purchasing process as much as the rug itself. This should be done in a apointment only gallery, not next to the Cingular phone wagon. This does not compute.
It was about 5 by 7 feet, and though a little small, I liked the pattern. Actually, I really liked the pattern, and I discretely checked the tag: $13.658.00. I liked the pattern, not, married-liked the pattern. And this was about midpack for the rugs this size. They had ballroom sized rugs of the same origin hanging elsewhere.
In retrospect it's obvious that Persian hand knotted rugs have a certain cache, but I was off by about an order of magnitude.
Second, it may have not been subject to the sale, or that may have been the sale price - really, it doesn't matter. That is alot to spend for a rug - there are men wearing considerably cheaper pieces around on their bald pates.
Third, if you can afford such a rug, why would it be on sale? Shit, at that income bracket you are burning money during the summer in your giant, 30 foot wide fireplace from Al Pachino's office in the Devil's Advocate, you know, just to make sure your air-conditioner has something to do.
Fourth, why would someone like that go shopping for such rugs at the mall?
Just to be clear, we're all talking about Donald Trump, right?
In any case, this sort of purchase - like excutive class call girls, and I mean, really, really classy call girls - involves a certain exotic aspect which means that much of the satisfaction comes from the purchasing process as much as the rug itself. This should be done in a apointment only gallery, not next to the Cingular phone wagon. This does not compute.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home