Mike Beversluis

Friday, December 02, 2005

Afghan grill

I had dinner last night at The Afghan Grill on Calvert. The food was fantastic. The owner of this family run restaurant was super-gregarious and his brothers (I presume) in the kitchen had their culinary chops down.

So, last night was Thursday night, and the place was packed. Unfortunately, they were severely understaffed, but with food like this is worth crowding in together and contemplating the menu for 15 minutes. Seriously, they could smack their customers in the face before seating and they would still be selling Pumpkin with Meat Sauce (Kadu Bouranee, something like this) and Leek Dumplings with Meat/Yogurt Sauce (?, it escapes me) like gangbusters. I agree with many of the commenters on the above City Newspaper review. Especially the suggestion to order the Appetizer Sampler dish.

The upshot: If someone comes in from out of town and wants to eat in my neighborhood, I would take them there.

(see reviews here and here, but surprisingly there is no review here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home