Today's big question
What vacuum cleaner should I buy? Vote early and often.
If you really insist on making an informed decision, here are the candidates:
If you really insist on making an informed decision, here are the candidates:
- Dyson DC07.
- Vax X3 (and X5).
- Oreck XL (I used to vacuum cafeterias with it - it's okay).
- Swiffer CarpetFlick.

8 Comments:
There must be something that costs about 70 bucks around.
By
JTS, at 27 February, 2006 16:20
"something" yes, but what about value?
By
Mike Beversluis, at 27 February, 2006 16:34
As long as it sucks ...
By
JTS, at 27 February, 2006 17:32
If you look at Consumer Reports (the October issue I believe had vacuum cleaners,) they were not impressed with Dyson.
I finally got a vacuum cleaner last week, and I got a Eureka 4870GZ; at 150$ it's a pretty nice value. The only thing I might have paid more for is the Oreck. Bagless stuff is just a mess, and there is no savings because the filters must be replaced more often and they tend to be more expensive.
By
Anonymous, at 28 February, 2006 09:20
I used parts from a Dyson to build my terminator, and it worked great.
By
Anonymous, at 28 February, 2006 16:45
I say spring for the Dyson. Hands down the best performing vacuum I've ever had. You might be surprised at how cool of a tech toy it is, too (not comparable to your TiVo, of course).
By
Anonymous, at 28 February, 2006 20:14
Something that comes to my mind is that insistence on (and love of)details (as, for example, the vacuum cleaner performance) could be the basis of the anglo-saxon success. The thing could be discussed at length
By
JTS, at 28 February, 2006 20:26
I, like your brilliant sister Laura, must push for the Dyson. I have one, and LOVE it. I am a self proclaimed vacuum addict. Not, the noun, the verb. I love to vacuum, and the Dyson sucks big time. As far as the whole "bagless vacuums are a mess" argument, I have to wonder how often these people are changing their bagged cleaners. I found the bagged models would smell musty after only a few rounds, and changing them also left a cloud of dust in the air. I like to take my bagless "tank" and empty it outside into a plastic bag (which I always have plenty of from the store), thus eliminating any clouds of nasty. The Dyson is my very favorite household tool.
By
Anonymous, at 15 January, 2008 17:17
Post a Comment
<< Home