Mike Beversluis

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Truth in Advertising

  • Mentioned already, but still true, Guys Who Wear "Tool" Shirts.
  • People who buy a Volkswagen Passat because it's an ego-free car are seemingly unaware of irony. The Jetta crash ads are great. Holy Shi.
  • I always want a cigarette after I watch one of those anti-smoking truth.org commericials, which I pretty much believe is intentional. If you were forced to underwrite an advertising campaign against yourself, wouldn't you make it as unappealing as possible? I do think the people involved are very sincere, but are unaware of their negative effect -- if in fact it extends beyond me. Which it might not. BTW, is that Pauley Shore in that one about the made up word for cancer? (Zephyr?) Is there a better anti-anti-smoking guy? He's going to hell for that one.
  • Those Apple Commercials with the Jimmy Fallon guy lording it over the pc guy. (I come in just one box!) Seriously, they suck.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home