Mike Beversluis

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Data Mining

I suspect that landfills might be mined in the future. Nothing has been thrown away; it's just resting. My trash is actually a generous endowment for future generations. You're welcome!

On that note, here's an interesting article about data mining the US Congressional Record.

2 Comments:

  • I think it's interesting that a culture so proficient in creating objects is generally so deficient in deconstructing things.

    After all, isn't everything in the universe--No matter how toxic, unbiodegradable or radioactive--in its base state "organic"? (I just blew some god-damned dirty hippie minds...)

    I would think that a huge scientific endeavor for the future would be to find ways of recycling or reducing things currently considered un-useable.

    This would certainly be incredibly beneficial in a "post-apocalyptic" situation, or for the non sci-fi nerds, in an ecological sense.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07 August, 2006 18:32  

  • Don't bogart that joint, man.

    By Blogger Mike Beversluis, at 07 August, 2006 20:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home