Mike Beversluis

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pandora

Last week Laura sent me a link (thanks!) for the online music streaming site Pandora. I have been listening and it's the bee's knees. You name a song or band you like and it streams out similar music. It is a great way to extrapolate yourself to new CD purchases without walking too far out on rotten ice.

I wonder how long it will last - my previous favorite site was eMusic back in 2002 - before they were bought out by Rhapsody. Back then you paid a flat monthly rate and could download (for keeps) as much as you liked. It was the back-catalog, but that was perfect for me. Once they were bought out, it was quickly changed to $1-2/song, which caused a mass unsubscription. Which I think was the intended idea. Too bad.

But like any barrier separating a large potential, leaks are bound to spring. Pandora's box and whatnot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home