Mike Beversluis

Friday, March 09, 2007

I think like a billionaire

Via Jalopnik via Forbes, I find my someday-to-be-consummated love of old-school Volvos is also shared by billionaire IKEA founder Ingvar Krampad:


1.) Warren Buffett
Rank on Forbes Billionaires List: 2
Net Worth: $52 billion
Vehicle: 2006 Cadillac DTS

2.) Ingvar Kamprad
Rank on Forbes Billionaires List: 4
Net Worth: $33 billion
Vehicle: 1993 Volvo 240 GL

I'm sure that the billion plus net worth will soon occur as a natural consequence of this shared affection. And by affection, I mean affectation.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Ingvar's obsession I understand; He's scandinavian and the vitamin D deficiancy and general socialism inherent to that climate can only encourage Hughesistic behavior.

    You on the other hand, live in a relatively socialist-free (well, at least you don't HAVE to watch PBS if you don't want to) country and while Gaithersburg ain't Tampa, it isn't Stockholm or Oslo either.

    So what's with the "mad krazy" tent-pitching for fugly northern Euro cars?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 09 March, 2007 12:02  

  • Yo, I have already admitted that my Volvo obsession makes no sense, so spare me the playahatin'.

    That said, and somewhat contradicting myself, these hot rod Volvos are haute and it makes plenty of sense to like them. If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

    Also, Chevy Chase is socialist (both the place and the guy).

    By Blogger Mike Beversluis, at 09 March, 2007 13:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home