Eat the Tall
At first blush, I was against Greg Mankiw's modest proposal to tax by height, admittedly because I am very tall and the explicit target for the maximum tax rate. But then I thought about it, and I realized, my life is awesome, and yes, it is awesome because I am tall. So, really, I am fine with paying more taxes - especially since I am well past the 6'1" height he sets for the highest tax bracket, and so my awesomeness overfloweth.
Labels: economics

4 Comments:
Rather than tax the awesomely tall, I think you should just be required to provide some useful service to society, such as wearing cellular antennas on your head.
BTW, congrats on your awesome tallness!
By
Unknown, at 04 May, 2007 08:37
*I provide shade for small villages.
*I can reach things on high shelves.
*I can report on the weather "up there."
*I provide schadenfreude for shorter people sitting in coach class airlines seats next to me.
*I can serve as the basis for one of the greatest Simpsons's sketches ever
By
Mike Beversluis, at 04 May, 2007 09:56
Yes, well, to paraphrase David Cohen:
“I am a good person if I help the short. I help the short by arguing that the Government should tax tall people like Mike Beverluis more and give the money to the short. I am a good person. I'm also just below average height”
By
Anonymous, at 04 May, 2007 12:42
I was going to add the influence I exert in giving some short guys Napoleon complexes*, spurring them on to great achievement, but in looking at the, you know, totality of the situation, it's a push, e.g., the whole march to Moscow thing.
*Napoleon may have been of average height for the time.
By
Mike Beversluis, at 04 May, 2007 13:41
Post a Comment
<< Home