Mike Beversluis

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shouldn't that be New Amsterdam?


New York Delft
-ware. $80 per place-setting, or perhaps you can paint your own.

P.S.Will a designer ever resist the temptation to make their website hard to navigate in order to make it "creative"?

P.P.S. No.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Indeed. I felt like I was just clicking around, not knowing where I was going nor what I was clicking. In fact, that's what happened. Why would I want to buy a plate from a website like that? Good design is clear thinking made visible, everything else is clutter. Sorry, was this post about NYDelft or designer faux pas?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 24 May, 2007 22:49  

  • This post, like this blog, is about whatever you want. Mainly nothing.

    Also, Mom still has her kiln (I bet) so you could just DIY the plates. It still is a cool idea. Illy had a similar approach for one of their designer demitasses.

    By Blogger Mike Beversluis, at 25 May, 2007 09:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home