Mike Beversluis

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Jackpot!

The library ("liberry" LOL) at work had a cleaning out giveaway, and I hit the jackpot: Architectural Graphics Standards, (Eighth Edition).

This thing is fantastic. I will have to make some scans, but it is too large for my little cheapie scanner at home. Let me get back to you on that.

There is little on designing buildings that isn't in here:

  • Biometric data for building and workspace layout? Check.
  • Efficient bathroom designs for a given number of fixtures? Check.
  • Direct vs semi-direct vs semi-indirect vs indirect lighting layout? Check.
  • Water proof basement design? Check.
  • Beam and truss design? Check.
  • Conference room design? Check.
  • Prison cell block design? Check.
  • Olympic diving platform design? Check.
  • Shakespearian theater design? No. (ha ha, just kidding. Check)

And that's the first chapter. It's nuts.

And in other jackpot related news, my plan to win the lottery when the nominal expectation value of a ticket is greater than the cost of a ticket has not yet worked out. (The Friday Mega-Millions is at $201 Million). However, if I win, I wouldn't tell you. I don't want to ruin this thing of ours. Unless I win $100, and then drinks are on me.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home