Mike Beversluis

Friday, December 28, 2007

I did not know that

Win + E opens Windows Explorer and More. Put that and Launchy together, and the XP experience is a little more polished. And once you get it that way, here's how to make XP last seven more years.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I'm a Mac guy (although in a previous life as a software engineer it was all Windows all the time).

    The man child has been lobbying for a computer. Macs aren't good game platforms, and, since he has demonstrated some aptitude, I decided it was time to teach him real programming.

    Hence HP Winbox.

    With Vista.

    Which will not play at all with the games he got for Christmas, since they all insist upon XP.

    !@#$%^&*! Microsoft.

    By Blogger Hey Skipper, at 29 December, 2007 01:47  

  • Yeah, gaming on a PC is a losing proposition anyway. $3500 worth of hardware will get you something that'll run games decently for the next two years... After that you'll probably need a new a new video card, a new motherboard, more ram...

    Just get an Xbox 360 and know that the games you purchase will run when you stick them into the machine.

    Barring red circles of death of course... But that just goes back to !@#$%^ Microsoft.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 December, 2007 16:34  

  • The other reason for getting a Winbox is that the man child is showing decent aptitude at math.

    So I decided 13 isn't too early to give him a shot at learning Visual BASIC.

    As for gaming platforms, I must confess pure ignorance. I am apparently completely immune to the lure of computer games. He likes playing some of the on-line strategy games, which apparently call for a Winbox.

    Or not, for all I know.

    Anyway, I broke down and bought a copy of XP Professional SP2 yesterday.

    !@#$%^&*! Microsoft.

    By Blogger Hey Skipper, at 02 January, 2008 14:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home