Mike Beversluis

Friday, August 01, 2008

For some reason, the first thousand names in the Boston phone book come to mind

Interesting musings on the academic insult "I've never heard of you."

FWIW, I think that many of the comments are funny or true or funny and true, although there is a "back in the day whipersnappers respected their elders," which I kinda doubt. Did nickels have pictures of bees on them? Did you get five bees for a quarter?

The basic gist of all of this, is that in the university research program administration business, where much of the effort is very front-loaded, respect and recognition feel hard to come by. To which I say, the punishment fits the crime. Namely, stop worrying if other people think you're smart.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • That should be, 'stop worrying whether other people think you're smart.' Therefore, my current feeling is that you are not particularly smart. Of course, you just told everyone not to worry about this, and you will thus be completely unaffected by this comment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04 August, 2008 17:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home