Mike Beversluis

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Vertigo


As I get older, I find myself becoming more susceptible to vertigo (vertiginous?). I'm not Jimmy Stewart fainting in a clock tower, yet, but I could definitely feel a tingle of paralysis by imagining myself climbing up this abandoned radio antenna.

Is it weird to do that - to test yourself like that? I did go up the CN Tower in Toronto a few years ago, which is probably 1.5 times as high as the antenna tower above, and walk out on the transparent floor they have up there (e.g.). That took a little getting used to, but I couldn't imagine walking outside on a steel girder. No way. I can't imagine working on the super-tall Burj Dubai.

And that concludes today's ruminitions on Mike's phobias.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home