Mike Beversluis

Saturday, December 23, 2006

2006 Movie of the Year

Stranger than Fiction. I really like this movie. Much like two other favorites, Repo Man and Lola Rennt, it wrestles with our free will versus fate/determinism. It's Will Farrell's best work since the Robert Goulet interviews on Conan O'Brian. Also, as my brother Adam kept pointing out - Maggie Gyllenhaal wishes she was as pretty as her brother Jake.

Also, since Adam is a gun nut, we went with a couple of his friends and shot lots and lots of different types of guns. Weirdly, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with any of the pistols or revolvers until, kind of as a joke, I tried a 44 magnum and got a 3" cluster and 30 feet. It did kick like a mule though. I was looking around for a 357 magnum with a bayonet, but no luck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home