Erratum
Erratum: After multiple layers of fact checking and editing, it has been discovered that the Mike Figgis - I'm Here To Shoot A Pilot story is a hoax.
Actually, I don't care about that at all. "Shooting a Pilot" is still funny, but what I do regret is that when I first linked to it, I tried to come up with a set of alternative jobs and phrases, and the best I could do (miserable) was a Nutritionist who was planning a CRASH diet to BURN calories. Even by my standards, and demonstrable lack thereof, I feel like I let you readers down, and for that I apologize. A great big Curt Shilling Man Apology.
Actually, I don't care about that at all. "Shooting a Pilot" is still funny, but what I do regret is that when I first linked to it, I tried to come up with a set of alternative jobs and phrases, and the best I could do (miserable) was a Nutritionist who was planning a CRASH diet to BURN calories. Even by my standards, and demonstrable lack thereof, I feel like I let you readers down, and for that I apologize. A great big Curt Shilling Man Apology.
Labels: a thousand monkeys typing

4 Comments:
Just because I love beating dead and/or handicapped horses...
You mis-spelled "Schilling". ^_^
By
Anonymous, at 01 June, 2007 12:45
I'll accept your apology, as long as you don't make a habit of it. I'd hate to think that your great blog will devolve into an Oprafied confessional of guilt.
By
Unknown, at 02 June, 2007 11:56
I'm afraid it is too late. Sorry!
By
Mike Beversluis, at 02 June, 2007 21:59
More or less at this point I would like to stand up and say: "Actually it is true. I was there when it happened". It is the most fun part of the game, upholding urban legends.
By
JTS, at 03 June, 2007 18:46
Post a Comment
<< Home