Mike Beversluis

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

From the Crash Davis Files

From this article about a single-A Mariner's pitcher Andrew Barb and from the Department of I Am Easily Amused:

Although Barb said he has yet to regain full velocity on his fastball, he is off to a good start with a 2-1 record and 2.05 earned-run average in 30-2/3 innings, not including a scoreless inning in the Midwest League All-Star Game.

He has 41 strikeouts and 12 walks. Barb said he has always had good strikeout-to-walk ratios, and he has a simple explanation for it.

"I know that strikeouts are good and walks are bad," he said, "so I try to do one and avoid the other."

[...]

"I didn't care if it was as a catcher or as a pitcher, I just wanted a chance," he said.

[...]

"I was playing catch with one of the trainers, and I couldn't even concentrate because I was looking all around, taking in everything, from the seats to the field," he said. "It would be a surreal experience to someday be playing there."

"We gotta play it one day at a time." Previously, Interview with a Search Engine.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home