congratulations all around
First off, I'd like to say congratulations to my sister Naomi and new b-in-law, Wade. They held their nuptuals last week in the post-cardesque town of Port Gamble, WA. And now that Wade's in the family, fair warning, the kid gloves are off!
Second, congratulations to Manuel and Heidi on the birth of their new son.
Third, congratulations to Giovanni on finishing his thesis exam.
Fourth, congratulations to Felix Hernandez of the Mariners, for only giving up one run over eight innings despite a real wild-streak in the 4-6th innings, and also to Rual Ibanez for his walk-off home run in the ninth, which I totally called. This was the best Mariners game all year. Why do I mention this? Because I had an awesome seat, and got to see it up close and personal. I now think that there are two basic ways to go to a ball game: Either hang out in the nose-bleed section for the beery ambiance, and or go front-row to see the ball laces spin.
Finally, congratulations to myself for getting to the top of Hurricane Ridge in the middle of a hurricane. Admittedly, we did drive up 5120 of the 5240 feet, and then I used my Mountain Rascal(T) to get the rest of the way up. And also, by hurricane, I mean light rain. Kudos all around.
Second, congratulations to Manuel and Heidi on the birth of their new son.
Third, congratulations to Giovanni on finishing his thesis exam.
Fourth, congratulations to Felix Hernandez of the Mariners, for only giving up one run over eight innings despite a real wild-streak in the 4-6th innings, and also to Rual Ibanez for his walk-off home run in the ninth, which I totally called. This was the best Mariners game all year. Why do I mention this? Because I had an awesome seat, and got to see it up close and personal. I now think that there are two basic ways to go to a ball game: Either hang out in the nose-bleed section for the beery ambiance, and or go front-row to see the ball laces spin.
Finally, congratulations to myself for getting to the top of Hurricane Ridge in the middle of a hurricane. Admittedly, we did drive up 5120 of the 5240 feet, and then I used my Mountain Rascal(T) to get the rest of the way up. And also, by hurricane, I mean light rain. Kudos all around.
Labels: mariners, travels with Mike

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home