Hot rod Lincoln
So, I'm browsing SEMA's photography page and came across these valve covers:

Not only can you adjust your valves, like pronto and right now, but "Hamburger's" is way cooler than Chevy or Jeg's. I'm a blue oval kinda guy, so anything's better than Chevy, but I suppose that depends - on whether you are going to hell or not. Ha ha, just kidding. Kinda. Funny story, when one of my brother's in law (the non-Fiero driving one) first drove up to visit my parents house, my dad greeted him and my sister with, "You dating someone who drives a Chevy?" Well, it's funny now. Ha ha, Ben.
My honda already = my seat in hell; that and other things. Given the cold fiscal realities of my life, I am probably going to be driving that sucker for awhile longer. Dammit, by the time I can afford a wicked cool car, I'll have been collared by some chick whose spends the rest of her life reading Oprah's latest guide to gelding, and I'll be driving minivans for the rest of mine. Dreaming of what could have been while I dig cheerios out of the seat cushions.
Which reminds me in a nonlinear way, that I also saw these new tires from Goodyear:

This is the new P305/50R20 whitewall tires from Goodyear/Dunlop. Perhaps this indicates the rat rod trend has jumped the shark (Has "jump the shark" jumped the shark yet? Fore shizzle.)
Although there is a timeless badass quality to it:

So where does my gutless wonder factor in? Japan's legendary quality control took the year off in 1991, so my honda's paint has peeled, and I'm thinkin', what would Jesus do with a beater honda that's 75% primer? Besides destroy it or not ever have owned one? Why, turn it into a Rat Rod! That'll... look awful. Given my head start, at least it's working downhill: take it completely down to primer and paint it matte black, drop the suspension with some cheapo spring kit, strip/paint the chorme, shave the antenna and ornaments, etc, take off the tacky hub caps, but leave the original steel wheels.
Not feelin' it? Probably it's more crazy dumb than crazy cool; also, I doubt the DMV will approve my "RATARD" plates. And you know, they were really gonna tie the car together.

Not only can you adjust your valves, like pronto and right now, but "Hamburger's" is way cooler than Chevy or Jeg's. I'm a blue oval kinda guy, so anything's better than Chevy, but I suppose that depends - on whether you are going to hell or not. Ha ha, just kidding. Kinda. Funny story, when one of my brother's in law (the non-Fiero driving one) first drove up to visit my parents house, my dad greeted him and my sister with, "You dating someone who drives a Chevy?" Well, it's funny now. Ha ha, Ben.
My honda already = my seat in hell; that and other things. Given the cold fiscal realities of my life, I am probably going to be driving that sucker for awhile longer. Dammit, by the time I can afford a wicked cool car, I'll have been collared by some chick whose spends the rest of her life reading Oprah's latest guide to gelding, and I'll be driving minivans for the rest of mine. Dreaming of what could have been while I dig cheerios out of the seat cushions.
Which reminds me in a nonlinear way, that I also saw these new tires from Goodyear:

This is the new P305/50R20 whitewall tires from Goodyear/Dunlop. Perhaps this indicates the rat rod trend has jumped the shark (Has "jump the shark" jumped the shark yet? Fore shizzle.)
Although there is a timeless badass quality to it:

So where does my gutless wonder factor in? Japan's legendary quality control took the year off in 1991, so my honda's paint has peeled, and I'm thinkin', what would Jesus do with a beater honda that's 75% primer? Besides destroy it or not ever have owned one? Why, turn it into a Rat Rod! That'll... look awful. Given my head start, at least it's working downhill: take it completely down to primer and paint it matte black, drop the suspension with some cheapo spring kit, strip/paint the chorme, shave the antenna and ornaments, etc, take off the tacky hub caps, but leave the original steel wheels.
Not feelin' it? Probably it's more crazy dumb than crazy cool; also, I doubt the DMV will approve my "RATARD" plates. And you know, they were really gonna tie the car together.
Labels: automobiles

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home