Quotes
"It is one thing to praise discipline, and another to submit to it."
Miguel de Cervantes
"Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter because nobody listens."
Nick Diamos
"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'."
Larry Hardimann
"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."
Margaret Halsey
"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!"
Tom Lehrer
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
Abraham Lincoln
"The goal of all inanimate objects is to resist man and ultimately defeat him."
Russell Baker
"Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address."
Lane Olinghouse
"A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to."
Granville Hicks
"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them their jobs."
Samuel Goldwyn
"A conservative is a man who sits and thinks, mostly sits."
Woodrow Wilson
"There are only two kinds of scholars; those who love ideas and those who hate them."
Emily Chartier
"No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather."
Michael Pritchard
"No human thing is of serious importance."
Plato
"Technology adds nothing to art. Two thousand years ago, I could tell you a story, and at any point during the story I could stop, and ask, Now do you want the hero to be kidnapped, or not? But that would, of course, have ruined the story. Part of the experience of being entertained is sitting back and plugging into someone else's vision."
Penn Jillette
"You can learn from anyone even your enemy."
Ovid
[-ed, especially your enemies]
"It is bad luck to be superstitious."
Andrew W. Mathis
"He talked with more claret than clarity."
Susan Ertz
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind."
Jane Caminos
"Our national flower is the concrete cloverleaf."
Lewis Mumford
"About the most originality that any writer can hope to achieve honestly is to steal with good judgment."
Josh Billings
Miguel de Cervantes
"Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter because nobody listens."
Nick Diamos
"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'."
Larry Hardimann
"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."
Margaret Halsey
"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!"
Tom Lehrer
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
Abraham Lincoln
"The goal of all inanimate objects is to resist man and ultimately defeat him."
Russell Baker
"Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address."
Lane Olinghouse
"A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to."
Granville Hicks
"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them their jobs."
Samuel Goldwyn
"A conservative is a man who sits and thinks, mostly sits."
Woodrow Wilson
"There are only two kinds of scholars; those who love ideas and those who hate them."
Emily Chartier
"No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather."
Michael Pritchard
"No human thing is of serious importance."
Plato
"Technology adds nothing to art. Two thousand years ago, I could tell you a story, and at any point during the story I could stop, and ask, Now do you want the hero to be kidnapped, or not? But that would, of course, have ruined the story. Part of the experience of being entertained is sitting back and plugging into someone else's vision."
Penn Jillette
"You can learn from anyone even your enemy."
Ovid
[-ed, especially your enemies]
"It is bad luck to be superstitious."
Andrew W. Mathis
"He talked with more claret than clarity."
Susan Ertz
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind."
Jane Caminos
"Our national flower is the concrete cloverleaf."
Lewis Mumford
"About the most originality that any writer can hope to achieve honestly is to steal with good judgment."
Josh Billings
Labels: quotes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home