The Power of the Blogosphere?

USS Mariner: Felix, Mixing Pitches, And The Power of the Internet
Via Geoff Baker:
“Chaves gave me a report,” Hernandez said. “On the internet, they say when I throw a lot of fastballs in the first inning, they score a lot of runs. I tried to mix all my pitches in the first inning.”
Today, Felix threw a slider on the 3rd pitch of the game, then a curveball on the fifth pitch, getting Shannon Stewart to flyout to center. All told, he threw 3 breaking balls in his first 8 pitches, threw a first pitch slider to the 5th hitter of the game, and attacked almost every hitter with a variable selection of fastballs and breaking balls.
He gave up 2 hits in 8 innings.
Well, that's kinda cool.
Labels: a thousand monkeys typing, baseball

2 Comments:
Did Al Gore ever envision just what kind of contribution he was making to society when he invented the intraweb?
Manbearpig!
By
Anonymous, at 09 July, 2007 15:31
Even more fundamental: what about the al-gore-ithm?
Oh, I kill me.
By
Mike Beversluis, at 10 July, 2007 18:14
Post a Comment
<< Home