If you build it, they will fly in??
Airport in Branson, Mo., Built with Private Money
By CHRISTINE NEGRONI
Published: April 20, 2009
I have to confess that I'm not in any hurry to visit Vegas, let alone "Vegas without the Gambling," but building your own infrastructure seems like an interesting experiment.
By CHRISTINE NEGRONI
Published: April 20, 2009
Branson, Mo., is remote and has a tiny year-round population. But it also has the kinds of outdoor activities and family-friendly theater productions that attracted eight and a half million visitors last year, earning the city the unofficial nickname “Vegas without the gambling.”
And it is because of all those visitors that investors have placed a bet on Branson, spending $155 million to build the only privately financed commercial airport in America. Steve Peet, the chief executive of the airport, is a Connecticut businessman who concedes that he could not find Branson on a map nine years ago. By 2004, he was persuaded that there was money to be made flying tourists there.
I have to confess that I'm not in any hurry to visit Vegas, let alone "Vegas without the Gambling," but building your own infrastructure seems like an interesting experiment.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home