Mike Beversluis

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mad World

If you want, you can get all emo and watch the Mad World video straight up, or the Donnie Darko version. Either one is better than the original, which was way too up tempo.
(Plus, Head over Heels if you're so inclined.)
(My calc lab partner looked just like the character Gretchen. I knew her husband pretty well, and was best man at her wedding; a choice which probably worried her immensely. She went on to get an MBA @Harvard and now she's a Master of the Universe.)
(Killing Moon, which I think is actually a better choice than When Worlds Collide, parenthetically speaking, which apparently was the original choice and which then latter supplanted it in the Director's cut.)
(Glad I own both, Gosh!)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • They used the remake of Mad World in a recent Gears of War commercial. Gears of War being a game largely about chain-sawing mutants into bloody chunks, I consider the choice a little odd.

    "All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, sawn up muuuuuutannnntssss."

    By Anonymous Adam, at 20 November, 2006 12:09  

  • Next up, the disconcerting Teletubbies vs Nine Inch Nails's Closer mashup. Sorry, that's the best I can do at the moment.

    By Blogger Mike Beversluis, at 21 November, 2006 00:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home